A Mummy MOT is a specialized postnatal examination for women following a vaginal or c-section delivery. The trained practitioner will assess your posture, pelvic floor muscles and diastasis recti (abdominal muscles division) to check how they are recovering after the birth. Most expectant mothers will experience some problems during their pregnancy and if these issues are left untreated they can persistfor a long time after the birth. A postnatal screening is helpful as it can provide you with the treatment and exercise to help your recovery and to return safely to exercise.
However, you do not have to live with these issues forever.
Mummy MOT is a one-hour post-natalassessment, usually carried out six weeks after birthonce you have had your GP check-up. It includes:
- A full postural assessment.
- An examination of your pelvic floor muscles.
- An assessment of your abdominal muscles (Diastasis recti).
- A rehabilitation exercise program tailored to your needs.
- Scar management after a C-section.
- Advice for lifting, sitting,feeding, and carrying out any activities that impact your life.